United Bank is teaming up with Iron Mountain and 102.9 DRC-FM for a Go Green Shred Day!
When: Saturday, May 3rd from 10am - Noon
Where: United Bank 158 North Main Street Southington
Bring your old documents, bills and records for shreddinjg by Iron Mountain!
Going Green Tips:
• Every Sunday 500,000 trees are used to produce the 88% of newspapers that are never recycled. Please recycle your papers and cardboard!!! It is so easy do!!
• Buy products in bulk when possible. This lowers the amount of packaging that ends up in landfills.
• Recycle!! Most people do not put recyclable material in the recycle bin instead that material ends up in the garbage can. Do your part and sort your trash!
• Avoid using bottled water. Use reusable bottles or containers.
• Slow down - depending on the vehicle, fuel mileage decreases rapidly above 50 mph. For every 5 miles per hour the vehicle is driving above 50mph you spend an extra 26 cents a mile.
• Drive smart - rapid acceleration and braking reduces fuel mileage by up to 33 cents. Driving with slower starts and stop can save up to $1.33 per gallon.
• Check your tire pressure. Not many people realize that tire pressure has an effect on gas mileage.